Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Odaiba and Kappabashi

We love Odaiba. It's tacky and outdated, yet so charming at the same time. If I could live in Tokyo I would live on Odaiba for sure <3




We started at Venus Fort, after deciding we didn't really need to go on the big wheel. I love Venus Fort, it's incredibly tacky and fake. The upper levels are supposed to look like a medieval Italian city and it even has a fake sky. Good for rainy days although we haven't had any all holiday!

Do I look excited XD

The bottom level is Venus Family, which has a Hello Kitty mini park, lots of kids clothes shops, and a big Nitori. We wanted this sofa and Kotatsu arrangement. Maybe when we can afford a shipping container :p


Now the best thing about Venus Family is that it welcomes dogs! There's even a cafe which you are invited to bring your dogs into!

And there is a big pet shop as well. Unlike an unpleasant one I saw in Shinjuku, this one has large enclosure where the puppies are kept in groups. I don't think puppies should be kept in petshops at all really, but at least these dogs seemed happy and not stressed.

French Bulldog and Miniature Pinscher. I loved the Minpin, she was totally mad :)

Chihuahua crossed with something.

Dachschund and Chihuahua X Yorkie

Next we went upstairs to the main shopping area. I love the cheesiness of this fountain, it makes me very happy :)

There was a perfume stall selling a lemon and grapefruit perfumes, it made the whole place smell lovely!


The stores here are mostly import and designer so not much interest to us, but there was a Francfranc outlet! The ultimate Zakka store with reduced prices! Although we bought nothing :p

Happy <3


Here is the view from the back entrance of Venus Fort. Don't you love how try-hard futuristic the buildings on Odaiba are? I do :p

That walkway took us to Decks, a simple cheap shopping centre. It has a relaxed atmosphere and a little grubbiness. It used to have a big Honeys but it's been replaced by some kind of Bistro. It has a Takoyaki 'museum' but we only tried one. It was super tasty!

Decks also houses the Tokyo Trick Art Museum. It's pretty fun to go as a couple, but maybe better with more people! Just a warning- this museum would be totally pointless to go to on your own!

We took a lot of silly photos, I'll just share a couple!


This room freaked me out when I first stepped in it XD



It was dark when we left, and the view towards Tokyo was beautiful :)

The next day we went to Kappabashi to look at plastic food! There was plenty, it was very cool! Everything from parfait to burgers to shabu shabu! Made me hungry~


Amongst the kitchen supply shops was an artificial flower shop. Perfect for me as I'm making my own wedding bouquet! I found something which may work well :)

That's all today~

7 comments:

  1. Aaaawwww the dogs are so cute!! But it's really sad how they keep them in small cages :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's the weather there now? It doesn't look like it's cold

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas :)

    e2xli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the article post.Much thanks again. Really Cool. game online free

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative blog.Much thanks again. tentoto situs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really informative blog article.Thanks Again. bmw777

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly appreciate this blog. Really Great. coloksgp

    ReplyDelete